The Melton & Melton tax internship program provides undergraduate and graduate accounting students with practical, on-the-job experience, as well as an opportunity to assess their interest in a career path with our firm. Our comprehensive internship program is designed to prepare students for a full-time career upon completion—our potential goal is a permanent hire at the end of the internship.
We value our interns highly and treat them no differently than the rest of our staff; that means that all your assignments will be real-world work. You will also receive the same extensive training as our full-time staff.
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
- Prepare a variety of tax returns of which may include any of the following: Individual, Corporate,Partnership, Estate, Gift, Trust, Payroll, Forms W-2 and 1099, Texas Franchise, and various other state returns
- Utilize and develop a basic understanding of various tax programs and tax software
- Reviewing data input,identifying,and resolving technical tax issues, and assisting in the review of tax preparations
- Prepare adjustments to client prepared books in relation to completing the related tax return(s)
- Identifying, researching, and assessing various tax issues while also providing information to senior staff members
- Identifying and carrying out other projects as assigned
- Work closely with supervisors, managers, and partners to receive and complete assigned work
- Completed Intermediates I and II before starting the internship
- Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship
Like What You See?
If you are interested in building a career with Melton & Melton, please forward a resume in confidence to:
Melton & Melton, L.L.P.
6002 Rogerdale, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77072