Client Accounting Services Manager
At Melton & Melton you are not simply an employee—you are a valued member of our team.
Melton & Melton’s Client Accounting Services (CAS) team serves as an outsourced accounting department for companies of all sizes. We know our clients personally and provide strategic financial advice that helps their businesses grow. Our goal is to provide you with the financial and accounting support you need, so you can focus on running your business.
The Manager will serve as the primary contact to clients and is expected to support both the client and current CAS staff. This candidate is responsible for the accounting operations of our clients’ company, to include the preparation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy and relevancy of reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with the appropriate accounting framework.
- Assists with the operations of the Client Accounting Services Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Assists training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Several years of experience working as a controller.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online is strongly preferred.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration required.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
Upload Your Resume